Here at Craig A Choate, PC, we know that legal action can be confusing, frustrating, and even overwhelming. We are dedicated to providing you counsel, assistance and help in language that you can understand. If you need business law counsel, if you want to form an LLC or other entity, we are here to help YOU.
The first step is for us to work with you and come up with a plan to get the results you need. With our thorough understanding of business law, estate planning and adoptions and your understanding of the circumstances, we will craft a path to success.
Don't wait! We know that sometimes people are not comfortable with the thought of contacting an Attorney. I PROMISE I DON'T BITE and I want to help you. Contact us for a free phone consultation.
Let us help you figure out what your best next steps are. The sooner you have a plan of action, the better your chances of taking the correct steps to get the results you want.
· To form an LLC, partnership, corporation or other business entity to protect your business
· To prepare and file entity formation documents
· general business law advice
· To prepare and file d/b/a’s
· Before you sign that contract (vendor/supplier/purchase/services…)
· Before you sign that employment agreement
· If you’re hiring a new employee and need an employment contract
· To draft, edit, revise and negotiate termination and separation agreements
· To prepare, file, obtain and maintain Trademark and Copyright protection
· To draft, edit, revise and negotiate non-competition agreements
· If you think you might have regulatory compliance issues
· If you have an employee problem or need to terminate an employee
· If you have a billing dispute
· If you have a collection issue
· To prepare and negotiate Promissory Notes and Security Agreements
· To prepare and file Article 9 Security Agreements
· To draft, edit, revise and negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements
· To draft, edit, revise and negotiate vendor agreements
· To revise and negotiate commercial lease agreements
· To help negotiate licensing agreements
· A Last Will & Testament (and you do)
· A Codicil to an existing Last Will & Testament
· A Health Care Power of Attorney
· An Advanced Healthcare Directive (a “Living Will”)
· A Financial Power of Attorney· A Revocable Living Trust
· A Pour-Over Will (to go with your Living Trust)
· To prepare Powers of Attorney
· End of Life Planning
· Representation for private adoption
· Representation for adoption through the Texas Department of Family Protective Services
· A Petition for Guardianship of a Minor’s Person and/or Estate
· A Petition for Guardianship of the Person and/or Estate of an incapacitated person
What should the customer know about your fees?
I try and charge a flat fee for the legal services I provide. This includes contracts, business formations, Wills, and Trusts as well as Probate and Adoption matters.
1) Free 15 minute consultation - that usually run long 2) Provide a flat fee* 3) Develop a plan and timeline 4) Get to work!! *I generally require 1/2 retainer fee
University of Houston Law Center - Juris Doctorate - 1994 Southwestern University - Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - 1991
I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" and wanted to be Atticus Finch at an early age!
From sole proprietors to multi-national corporations and all points in-between. From start-ups to long established companies Too many industries to name. All socio-economic levels you can name.
I recently represented a family adopting a 17 year old boy who had had his heartbroken on (at least) two prior occasions!! I helped give him his "forever" home!!
Their budget and what is their desired outcome